Sunday, February 27, 2011

3 Good Food Highlights From This Week

1. A good reason to have fruit in the freezer at all times.....

Homemade Blackberry Syrup
We ran out of maple syrup and really wanted buckwheat pancakes for breakfast. Nate had just gotten these organic blackberries from the store and didn't have any plans for them, so he cooked up a syrup. A very yummy and decadent meal!


2. Yummy Comfort Food

 Cauliflower Soup
The beautiful organic cauliflower that I got on sale inspired me to make this creamy comfort food. I topped it off with our homemade croutons. Yum! I easily found an amazing recipe on another food blog. Follow the link to get it: Cauliflower Soup Recipe from Pioneer Woman. So, her blog is much more professional than mine, as she is a published author and photographer.. but it's very inspiring!

3. A tasty birthday cake for Jeni


My First Homemade Carrot Cake
I made this pretty cake for my friend and coworker Jeni's birthday. I got the recipe for the cake and icing from the cookbook of my favorite Athens restaurant, The Grit. A fun but very time consuming cake. I got more than one "best carrot cake ever" comment, which made it worth every minute!

~

Your feedback is welcomed! Please let me know if you want a recipe or have any suggestions for posts. This blog is as much for you as it is for me! Thank you for your support and please share with your foodie friends!
  

1 comment:

  1. That cake looks so yummy! I would love to see your rendition of that good ol' southern favorite; Red Velvet!

    ReplyDelete