Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Family Treasures

My Great Grandma Bryant's Chocolate Meringue Pie

Sorry folks, I won't be sharing this family recipe. I am the 4th generation to carry on this recipe. There is something so comforting about this pie. It takes some patience to master, but it's so worth the tired arm from the constant stirring!

  This pie won the "Family Recipe" Cook-Off in 2008 when Nate & I hosted our last Cook-Off at Dolphin Head on Hilton Head Island. The photo shown here was my first stab at the recipe. Turned out with perfect peaks! The one I made for the competition had a pathetic, fallen meringue. Apparently, looks aren't everything and the incredible taste took the cup! Made my Momma proud! I wonder if anyone else in the family has won a competition with it. 
 ~
I have a challenge for you, my readers. What is your classic family recipe? The one that must be served at every special family dinner.. or else someone is in trouble! Have you tried making it yourself?  Can you make it just like _____ used to make? Give it a shot & tell me how it turns out. It feels so good to be able to carry on a tradition.... and to enjoy the comfort of that special taste that brings back so many memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment