Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Excited about Brussells Sprouts


My grandma's old steamer pot jumps for joy! It's because the amazingly healthy and tasty Brussells Sprouts are cooking inside. Did you know that this cruciferous vegetable is rich in fiber, protein, antioxidants and has even been linked to reducing cholesterol and the risk of cancer? Amazing stuff! In fact, there are so many health benefits, you should check out this website to get the complete nutrition facts. You'll jump for joy too! They're so tasty and SO good for you!

2 comments:

  1. That's kinda freaky! I'd be afraid to walk away...just in case it hits the ceiling!
    I've never had brussell sprouts...never, not even a taste. My mom hated them and I've never tried them as an adult. How do you cook them? Just steam them? And add butter & salt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you haven't had them Kyla! They are so tasty! You can steam, grill, sautee, or bake them. I have done it all! Marinade in balsamic & olive oil and do whatever you want to them. They are guaranteed to be good, I promise!

    ReplyDelete