Saturday, April 30, 2011

Heaven for less than Seven!

All the Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries you can eat.... for less than $7!

I walked into the grocery store yesterday to see organic strawberries on sale for $1.99. I was inspired! Who doesn't LOVE chocolate covered strawberries? I swoon anytime I see them! I rarely can afford to buy them, and I found that making them myself can not only save me money, but allow me to eat as many as I desire! Three is never enough, right!?!

So, the strawberries were $2 and I got a block of gourmet chocolate for less than $5! I melted the chocolate in a bowl that rested in a pot of boiling water (I don't have a double boiler), dipped the berries in the hot melted chocolate and placed them on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Once they were all dipped, I put them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to chill. We ate nearly all of them very quickly, with the help of our good friends Eliza and Aaron. We were in heaven!!! This treat is so easy, inexpensive and absolutely DIVINE! I urge everyone to go get some strawberries while they are in season and treat yourself to heaven!


1 comment:

  1. Good LAWD. I haven't had dinner... but this.... THIS is how it should be. Chocolate-covered strawberries. All day, everyday, every meal.

    ReplyDelete